Advance your Actuarial career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
This Assistant Actuary for the Life company will manage, develop and implement actuarial services; including product development, pricing, illustrating testing, dividend setting, rate setting, and profitability management for Individual Life and Deferred Annuity products.
* Handles or supervises new product development and pricing, including product design recommendations, actuarial state compliance and filing support, assumption setting, model coding and validation, and implementation support
* Supervises and performs illustration testing and tolerances for illustrated products
* Calculates and recommends changes to dividends, crediting rates, or other profitability management tools
* Assists in creation of profitability management documents for presentation to senior management
* Assists other departments in: creation of marketing materials, customer service cases, product questions, and implementing actuarial or product features to systems
* Supervises and implements special projects as assigned
* Evaluates and recommends procedural changes within department for efficiencies in time, expense, and accuracy
* Completes examinations leading to Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries, if not already obtained
Effectively communicate results of projects, studies and analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
Answers questions and provides guidance related to assigned projects for peers, manager, senior management, and others within and outside the organization
Produces work product that has meaningful impact on business results
Maintains a high level of customer support with high level work.
Generates new ideas to improve current processes
Communication and Contacts
Position deals directly with Policyholder Services, Marketing and Distribution, Claims, IT, Compliance, New Business, Underwriting, and Financial areas for purposes of correctly managing products across company
This position can reside either in Dover, NH or Boston, MA. If based in Boston MA, travel to Dover NH will be required (1-2 days per week).
* Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
* Commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries.
* Recent Fellow in the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or near FSA; minimum 4 years relevant experience required.
* Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations. Pricing or modeling experience desired. Experience with Deferred Annuity products preferred.
* Solid oral, written, and presentation communication skills as well as ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
* Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
* Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
* Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
* Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction.
* Strong computing skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and actuarial software required / experience with MG-ALFA preferred
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Long-term care insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Liberty Mutual Insurance Helping people live safer, more secure lives since 1912, Boston-based Liberty Mutual Insurance is a diversified global insurer and third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on A.M. Best Company's report of 2010 net written premium. Liberty Mutual also ranks 82nd on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2010 revenue. As of December 31, 2010, Liberty Mutual had $112.4 billion in consolidated assets, $95.4 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $33.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world.