A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
The Global Sensing & Equipment team, part of Ecolab's Research, Development and Engineering organization, designs innovative control, dispensing and sensor instrumentation systems to improve customer value, user experience, and safety. This position supports all Ecolab businesses, creating a dynamic, challenging, and varied work environment. The primary focus of the position is new product development of advanced control, sensor and monitoring systems.
What's in it For You:
- Opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments
- Ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth and opportunity
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Contribute to the research and development of differentiated technologies, products, processes, and systems
What You Will Do:
- Technical and project leadership of embedded circuit control system and wireless technology projects, from concept to manufacturing
- Work on cross-functional teams to develop differentiated offerings
- Interact with software development team to develop, optimize and qualify designs
- Design and develop analog and digital embedded electronic circuits to meet project needs; use industry standard electrical CAD design tools (schematic capture, PCB layout, circuit modeling) to develop PCB designs
- Facilitate evaluation of designs against global regulatory standards for electrical equipment, including UL, CE/EMC and wireless standards; independently drive regulatory issue resolution, utilizing internal and external capabilities
- Work closely with scientific research teams on developing innovative solutions to technical challenges in control and sensor technologies
- Explore technology innovations; identify and initiate technical projects/programs that will lead to product and technology innovation and/or improvement
- May manage others and/or serve as a technical leader/mentor in area of expertise or EE functional area
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience in embedded systems design
- 2+ years of experience in a technical embedded hardware design role, leading several complex control or monitoring circuit board design projects from concept to commercialization
- Lead technical embedded hardware design role in several complex control or monitoring circuit board design projects, resulting in commercialized products
- Sponsorship is not offered for this role
- Demonstrated technical and project leadership expertise on complex control and monitoring equipment design projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, driving design work to completion and troubleshooting and solving challenging technical problems
- Experience designing with Silicon Labs, TI, and/or Microchip processors and NXP iMX family-based SOMs; experience with embedded wireless technologies and associated IoT design projects
- Experience using Altium Designer PCB design tools
- Experience with equipment regulatory processes, including wireless and EMC compliance evaluation and design improvement
- Ability to participate in complex technical discussions in schematic and layout design reviews, and in brainstorming
- Ability to assess new technologies and expand potential for use
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills with ability to clearly articulate technical subject matter
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task on complex projects
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.