A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
The global hand care anchor team is seeking an experienced research and development candidate with an interest in working in the $9.5BB market of hand hygiene innovation.
Our current development scope includes products and platforms crossing multiple Ecolab divisions as well as global responsibilities. The portfolio includes a range of projects including early ideation concepts, core research and divisionally sponsored projects in feasibility and development.
As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of Ecolab's hand care innovation pipeline. Creative thinking, Curiosity, ability to solve complex problem and maintain a global vision are critical to success in this role.
What's in it For You:
- Opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments
- Ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best
- Core responsibilities for this role include formulation for both cosmetic and antibacterial hand care products as well as execution of associated performance testing.
- Provide and execute hand care formula development as well as, physical, chemical, and aesthetic testing in support of assigned development projects in the hand care anchor portfolio
- Manage test design, execution timing, and data roll up with shared services (e.g. analytical and microbiological services)
- Support external contract research including clinical efficacy testing in support of hand care development
- Engage in industry advocacy groups as technical expert on hand care and as advocate for company on regulated product categories
- Maintain laboratory notebook to standard that can be used to support intellectual property
- Support filing of intellectual property as required by key discoveries
- Maintain communication between the anchor and the division on specifically assigned anchor portfolio projects
- Support phase 0-1 ideation for hand hygiene portfolio development
- Provide subject matter expertise where needed to support testing, launch, and post commercialization support to the divisions on anchor projects
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of RD&E work experience.
- Master's Degree and 3+ years of RD&E work experience
- Ph.D. and 1+ years of academic and/or commercial RD&E work experience
- Commercial chemical products formulation experience in a consumer, industrial, institutional, or academic role
- Proficiency with MS office suit including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Formulation or development experience in the field of cosmetics or skin care products
- Experience in dermatological skin quality measurement and testing methods and clinical requirements
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills and ability to initiate and analyze data via Minitab or similar statistical software
- Ability to support intellectual property filing and competitive IP review
- Experience running studies under GCP and GLP processes and guidelines
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.