Kurtz / American Medical Response (AMR)
Winnebago Fire Department - Firefighter Paramedic
Firefighter/Paramedic's under general supervision perform fire prevention, fire suppression, hazardous material incident response and emergency rescue and medical assistance duties to protect life and property; performs related responsibilities as required.
Full medical benefits including vision, dental, long-term / short-term life insurance, 4% 401K match, paid continuing education, opportunities for national growth, and 9 stations to work out of!
- Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections
- Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys.
- Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire alarms, structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft and Wildland fires; applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
- Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations.
- Provides written reports detailing specific firefighting, rescue actions taken on scene, and patient care.
- Respond to emergency medical calls by evaluating situations and transfers patients to medical facilities.
- Provides emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle.
- Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical Service Protocols and AMR / Kurtz Fire Department policy.
- Conduct daily and weekly vehicle and equipment inspections as assigned.
- Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented and reported to the on-duty Fire Captain.
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, EMS major skills and any other mandatory Company training.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Must successfully complete all required Compliance Training within the required time period and must have no compliance related corrective action during the current review period.
- State issued, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) certifications as a minimum: Firefighter I, Hazardous Materials-Operations
- State issued EMT-P / Paramedic
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Must possess IDPH EMT-/P license
- Illinois FFII or Basic Ops certification
- AHA CPR card
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful background investigations with MVR, & criminal records,
- Physical fitness/agility
- Drug/alcohol screening
- High School diploma or GED required.