The Senior Manager, International Logistics - Nalco Exports and Operation Excellence in St. Paul, MN is an exciting position responsible for the export operations of our Nalco business Unit, focused on outstanding service, cost, and execution. This role will lead the entire export operation, including a team of export analysts, participate in the international logistics leadership team, drive transformation and process improvement, partner with the other senior managers in the organization and manage and implement cost controls and savings programs. In addition, this position is also responsible for the Operational excellence team. This is a position responsible for digital transformation and operational excellence across the entire international logistics capability, leading improvement and optimization projects, partnering with planning, finance, other business areas, 3rd party service providers, and leading a team of process improvement experts as well as data scientists.
What You Will Do:
- Lead two separate organizations leveraging the structure to create a high performing organization: Managing through a direct reporting structure as well as a dotted line matrix, with analysts in region performing responsibilities within International Logistics. Responsibility will include setting goals, coaching and feedback, performance reviews, etc.
- Have direct responsibility of the entire export execution of the given business (es).
- Manage the operational service and cost performance, partnering with other areas within the organization to understand the KPIs and deliver improvements.
- Develop and implement performance management scorecards for external 3rd party Logistics Providers, the analysis performance trends and identification of areas of improvement.
- Work in collaboration with the 3rd party Logistics Providers and International Logistics Operations teams to resolve and improve.
- Set global strategy and direction for digital/analytics solutions within the International Logistics function while leading the digital transformation conceptualization and execution and creating a road map aligned with the Global Logistics strategic priorities
- Implement the needed Management of Change with the organizations in order to drive the new processes; ensuring that the right capabilities and clear roles and responsibilities are in place to deliver success.
- Own analytics for all global projects and RFP's/RFQ's within the International Logistics function including responsibility for finance approval/signoff and Power Steering maintenance.
- Identify and lead projects for savings opportunities, service improvements or efficiency gains.
- Initiate and lead benchmarking opportunities for the International Logistics function.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years' experience in logistics, transportation, warehousing or management.
- Experience with SAP, TMS and procurement systems and MS Office, primarily Excel and Access.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field of study.
- Experience leading projects and complex problem solving.
- Previous experience in international Logistics, Forwarding, International Trade, Imports and Exports
- Previous experience with Network Design and replenishment planning.
- Previous experience with logistics control towers / international control towers.
- Previous experience in Project management - Concept to Delivery.
- Strong ownership and proactive working attitude.
- Strong formal problem-solving ability and skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal & external colleagues.
- Strong mathematical aptitude with analytical skills.
- Understanding of supply chain tradeoffs and costs with an ability to make the best balance.
- APICS CPIM certification.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.